Love meatballs? This Spanish-inspired recipe is delicious on its own or in a tangy tomato sauce.
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- Small handful of finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Small handful of finely chopped fresh parsley
- Put the mince, coriander, spices and garlic in a bowl. Season and mix with your fingers until well combined. Cover and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Divide the mince mixture into 20 portions and shape each one into a bite-sized ball.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Stir-fry the meatballs for 6-8 minutes until browned and cooked through (you may need to do this in two batches), then drain on kitchen paper. Put the meatballs in a large serving dish and scatter with the parsley.
- These meatballs are great eaten straight away or you can cool them and keep them in the fridge for up to 2 days. They’re delicious cold or thoroughly reheated.
Tip: If you're enjoying an Extra Easy SP day, serve on a mound of courgetti and enjoy with your favourite vegetables.