Our fakeaway version of the takeaway classic is a meal in itself, with every mouthful packed full of juicy prawns and mushrooms.
- 350g dried long-grain or Thai fragrant/jasmine rice
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 150g mushrooms, finely sliced
- 400g peeled raw king or tiger prawns
- 125g frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tbsp soy sauce/tamari
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce, dressing style
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions, then drain and cool under cold running water.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick wok or deep frying pan with a little low oil cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs in a small jug with 1 tablespoon of water, pour into the wok and cook for 2 minutes. Turn the omelette, cook for 1 more minute, then remove from the pan and set aside to cool.
- Add a little more low calorie oil spray to the wok, turn the heat down to medium and cook the onion, mushrooms and prawns for 5-6 minutes, until the prawns are pink and nearly cooked through. Add the cooled rice and cook for a further 4 minutes, then add the peas and cook for 2 minutes.
- Slice the omelette into thin strips and add to the rice with the soy sauce and oyster sauce. Fold everything together for a minute to heat through and serve hot.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.