Our fakeaway version of the takeaway classic is a meal in itself, with every mouthful packed full of juicy prawns and mushrooms.
- 350g dried long-grain or Thai fragrant/jasmine rice
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 150g mushrooms, finely sliced
- 400g peeled raw king or tiger prawns
- 125g frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tbsp soy sauce/tamari
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce, dressing style
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions, then drain and cool under cold running water.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick wok or deep frying pan with a little low oil cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs in a small jug with 1 tablespoon of water, pour into the wok and cook for 2 minutes. Turn the omelette, cook for 1 more minute, then remove from the pan and set aside to cool.
- Add a little more low calorie oil spray to the wok, turn the heat down to medium and cook the onion, mushrooms and prawns for 5-6 minutes, until the prawns are pink and nearly cooked through. Add the cooled rice and cook for a further 4 minutes, then add the peas and cook for 2 minutes.
- Slice the omelette into thin strips and add to the rice with the soy sauce and oyster sauce. Fold everything together for a minute to heat through and serve hot.