Make double of this essential pasta sauce and freeze half for a rainy day
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 500g Quorn mince
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 3 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 500g passata
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Small handful of finely chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat
- Add the Quorn and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until browned, then add the onion, carrot, celery and garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, passata and dried herbs, season well and cook over a medium heat for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir the bolognese into your favourite pasta and serve hot, with parsley scattered over.
Tip: If you're enjoying an Extra Easy SP day, serve with piles of courgetti or at least half a plate of vegetables.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.