One of the world’s great rice dishes – it’s fusion food that’s also fantastically filling!
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red pepper, 1 green pepper and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped into chunks
- 2 courgettes, chopped into chunks
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, chopped into chunks
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- Splash of tabasco
- 350g long grain rice, dried
- 1 litre of chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh chopped parsley, to serve
- Spray a large, deep non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the onion, garlic and chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the pan and season well. Bring to
the boil then cover the pan and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes or until the stock is almost absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Serve scattered with parsley.
Tip: Jambalaya is also great with pork – use 500g extra-lean pork mince instead of the chicken.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.