This super simple rice dish goes great with curries, or enjoy as it is for a taste-packed veggie treat.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh root ginger
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 aubergine, diced
- 275g dried basmati rice
- 600ml vegetable stock
- Spray a heavy-based pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the onions, garlic, ginger, cumin seeds, chilli and aubergine and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the stock and bring to the boil.
- Cover tightly, reduce the heat to low and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and leave to stand, covered, for 10-12 minutes. Fluff up the rice with a fork and serve.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group