This super simple rice dish goes great with curries, or enjoy as it is for a taste-packed veggie treat.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh root ginger
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 aubergine, diced
- 275g dried basmati rice
- 600ml vegetable stock
- Spray a heavy-based pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the onions, garlic, ginger, cumin seeds, chilli and aubergine and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the stock and bring to the boil.
- Cover tightly, reduce the heat to low and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and leave to stand, covered, for 10-12 minutes. Fluff up the rice with a fork and serve.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.