The light, fresh flavours of this summer crab and prawn cocktail are guaranteed to delight!
- 300g raw tiger prawns, peeled
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and very thinly diced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, quartered, deseeded and very finely chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tbsp fat free natural fromage frais
- A dash each of Worcestershire and Tabasco sauce
- 1 level tbsp tomato ketchup
- 4 level tbsp extra light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp each of finely chopped coriander and mint
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 little gem lettuces
- 200g fresh white crab meat (or 170g can crab meat, drained)
- Lime slices, to garnish
- Pat the prawns dry with kitchen paper and place in a ceramic bowl with the red chilli and garlic.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray, add the prawn mixture and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes over a high heat or until they turn pink and are cooked through. Transfer into a bowl and leave to cool. Cover and chill for 3-4 hours or overnight if time permits
- Place the tomatoes into a bowl with the lime juice, fromage frais, Worcestershire and Tabasco sauces, ketchup and the mayonnaise. Add the chopped coriander and mint, season and stir until well combined. Cover and chill for up to 3-4 hours or overnight if time permits.
- When ready to serve, tear the lettuce leaves into small pieces. Fill the base of four cocktail glasses with the lettuce leaves and top with the crab and then the tomato mixture.
- Spoon the prawn mixture on top and serve garnished with a slice of lime.
Tip: This dish would make a great pack-up and go salad or a delicious
Video: Spiced summer crab and prawn cocktail
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.