Here’s the recipe if you’d like to make the same meal from Slimming World's food range from scratch at home: this hearty soup is lightly spiced and bursting with flavour.
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 150g peeled butternut squash, finely chopped
- 80g dried red split lentils
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 20g root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 litre boiling vegetable stock
- 70g baby leaf spinach, chopped
- 10g fresh coriander, chopped
- Sweetener, to taste (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put all the ingredients except the coriander, sweetener and seasoning into a large pan over a high heat. Bring to the boil, turn the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables and lentils are soft.
- Stir in the spinach and cook for a few minutes until wilted.
- Add the coriander and sweetener, if using, season to taste and serve.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.