No Italian menu would be complete without meatballs - and these are easy-peasy.
- 1 red onion
- 450g minced pork, less than 5% fat
- ¼ tsp crushed chillies
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Fresh basil leaves to garnish
- Finely chop the onion and place in a bowl. Add the minced pork, crushed chillies, thyme and seasoning and mix together. Shape into firm balls and dry-fry for 3-4 minutes, shaking the pan frequently, until browned.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan, bubble vigorously for 1-2 minutes then simmer gently for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve the meatballs with spaghetti (or a crisp green salad and a basil garnish.
Tip: This recipe makes about 20 meatballs, but if you want to make more, double the recipe and freeze them in the sauce. Defrost and re-heat for a quick midweek meal.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.