No Italian menu would be complete without meatballs - and these are easy-peasy.
- 1 red onion
- 450g minced pork, less than 5% fat
- ¼ tsp crushed chillies
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Fresh basil leaves to garnish
- Finely chop the onion and place in a bowl. Add the minced pork, crushed chillies, thyme and seasoning and mix together. Shape into firm balls and dry-fry for 3-4 minutes, shaking the pan frequently, until browned.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan, bubble vigorously for 1-2 minutes then simmer gently for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve the meatballs with spaghetti (or a crisp green salad and a basil garnish.
Tip: This recipe makes about 20 meatballs, but if you want to make more, double the recipe and freeze them in the sauce. Defrost and re-heat for a quick midweek meal.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.