This is a very versatile dish - suitable for dinner or lunch and can be filled with your favourite Free Foods.
- 225g dried short grain rice
- 8 large tomatoes
- 1 small green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 red peppers, halved and deseeded
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions until just tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, slice the tops off each tomato to make lids. Remove the middle from each tomato with a spoon and place all the seeds and pulp into a processor. Add the green pepper, garlic, parsley, smoked paprika and seasoning and blitz to a purée. Take the blade out of the processor and stir in the drained rice.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6.
- Arrange the tomato shells and halved peppers, cut side up, in a large ovenproof dish or roasting tin. Spoon the flavoured rice into each, roughly a dessertspoon in each tomato and 2 dessertspoon into the peppers. Cover the peppers with some foil and replace the tomato lids on the tomatoes.
- Roast the peppers and tomatoes in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely, cover and store in the fridge until required.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.