This tasty veggie recipe was sent to us by member Katie Cockburn from Northamptonshire. 'These spicy vegetable pakoras are great for lunchboxes and make a lovely side dish for any Indian-style menu,' she says.
- 2 large white potatoes, cooked and mashed to a firm consistency with no butter or milk
- 1 red onion, diced
- ½ large bag frozen chopped vegetable mix (sweetcorn, broccoli, carrot, cauliflower)
- 2 tbsp curry powder (use mild, medium or hot to suit your own taste)
- 3-4 tbsp fat-free yogurt
- 1 egg, beaten
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Place the mashed potato, diced onion and defrosted vegetables in a bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Stir the curry powder into the yogurt and add to the vegetable mix. Stir well.
- Beat the egg and add to the mixture, stirring constantly. The mixture should still be quite firm, but if it's too runny add more vegetables.
- Line a baking tray/wire rack with baking paper to prevent the pakoras from sticking, and spoon the mixture onto the tray in tablespoon-sized dollops.
- Spray with low-calorie cooking spray and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until firm on the outside and golden brown
- Allow to cool slightly so that the pakoras firm up.
Tip: Tip: I prefer to eat these once they have cooled, with a raita made from fat-free yogurt, mint sauce and chopped coriander. They make a great Friday-night TV treat!
Add chunks of pre-cooked chicken tikka and make them a delicious Syn free meal.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group