This tasty veggie recipe was sent to us by member Katie Cockburn from Northamptonshire. 'These spicy vegetable pakoras are great for lunchboxes and make a lovely side dish for any Indian-style menu,' she says.
- 2 large white potatoes, cooked and mashed to a firm consistency with no butter or milk
- 1 red onion, diced
- ½ large bag frozen chopped vegetable mix (sweetcorn, broccoli, carrot, cauliflower)
- 2 tbsp curry powder (use mild, medium or hot to suit your own taste)
- 3-4 tbsp fat-free yogurt
- 1 egg, beaten
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Place the mashed potato, diced onion and defrosted vegetables in a bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Stir the curry powder into the yogurt and add to the vegetable mix. Stir well.
- Beat the egg and add to the mixture, stirring constantly. The mixture should still be quite firm, but if it's too runny add more vegetables.
- Line a baking tray/wire rack with baking paper to prevent the pakoras from sticking, and spoon the mixture onto the tray in tablespoon-sized dollops.
- Spray with low-calorie cooking spray and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until firm on the outside and golden brown
- Allow to cool slightly so that the pakoras firm up.
Tip: Tip: I prefer to eat these once they have cooled, with a raita made from fat-free yogurt, mint sauce and chopped coriander. They make a great Friday-night TV treat!
Add chunks of pre-cooked chicken tikka and make them a delicious Syn free meal.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.