Celebrate all things green with this ‘risotto’ for pasta lovers.
- 300g dried orzo pasta
- 250g asparagus, trimmed
- 100g baby spinach
- 100g frozen peas
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 300g fresh or frozen broad beans, podded
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 8 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 50g fresh parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), finely grated
- Cook the orzo according to the packet instructions, then drain.
- Meanwhile, cut the tips off the asparagus and set aside. Put the stems in a large pan with the spinach, peas and stock and cook over a high heat for 5-6 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender. Transfer to a food processor and blend until fairly smooth.
- In a separate pan, boil the asparagus tips and broad beans in lightly salted water for 2-3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Place a large frying pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray over a medium heat. Add the spring onions, garlic and half the chillies and stir-fry for 1 minute. Turn the heat to high, add the orzo and the veg purée and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, or until piping hot.
- Stir in the asparagus tips, beans and half the parmesan and cook
for 1-2 minutes. Serve sprinkled with the remaining chilli and
parmesan and a twist of pepper.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.