Warm up a chilly autumn night with a slice of hot-pud perfection.
- 100g self-raising flour
- A pinch of salt
- 30g reduced fat spread
- 1-2 tbsp sweetener
- 4 large eggs
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 4 level tbsp reduced-sugar raspberry jam
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. In a separate bowl, beat together
the Flora Light and sweetener until creamy. Crack in the eggs one at
a time, adding 1 tbsp of sifted flour with each egg. Beat until well mixed, then fold in the remaining flour.
- Spray a 750ml pudding basin with low-calorie cooking spray, spoon in
the jam and pour over the sponge mixture. Cover with a sheet of baking
paper, then a sheet of foil, secure around the basin rim with string and trim the covering, leaving about 10cm around the sides. Tuck the baking paper in around the basin and fold the foil over it to create a seal.
- Put the basin in a steamer over a large pan of boiling water, cover
and steam for 1½-2 hours, until the pud is firm and springy to the touch. (Keep checking the water level in the pan, refilling as needed, so that the pan doesn’t boil dry.)
- Turn the pud out onto a warm serving plate. Slice into 8 and serve.
Tip: Serve with fromage frais.