These cute strawberry cupcakes are the perfect sweet treat at just 2 Syns each.
- 3 eggs
- 60g low-fat spread
- 6-8 level tbsp sweetener
- 110g self-raising flour
- 2-3 drops vanilla essence
- ½ tsp strawberry flavouring
- 8 level tsp icing sugar plus 1 tsp for dusting
- 2 drops red food colouring
- Fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Put 16 paper cases in a mini muffin tin (or tins). In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, low-fat spread and sweetener. Sieve the flour into the bowl, then fold in along with the vanilla essence and the strawberry flavouring.
- Divide the mixture equally between the paper cases and bake for 15-20 minutes, until cooked and the sponge springs back to the touch. Cool on a wire rack.
- Mix a few drops of water and the food colouring with the icing sugar. Spoon evenly onto the cakes. Decorate with halved strawberries and dust with the icing sugar.