These colourful 'vegetable boats' make a great starter on their own, a tasty light lunch served with salad, or a main meal alongside grilled meat or fish.
- 2 medium-sized butternut squash
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- A pinch of dried red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 courgette, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1cm pieces
- 4 baby leeks thickly sliced
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- Breadcrumbs from 1 slice wholemeal bread (from 400g loaf)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 level tbsp grated Pecorino cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6.
- Cut the squash in half, scoop out the seeds then cut criss-cross patterns into the flesh of each one.
- Mix together the garlic, lemon juice, chilli flakes and thyme and brush this mixture over the flesh.
- Place the squash in a baking dish, cut side up, and bake in the oven for about 30-40 minutes or until the flesh is tender.
- Meanwhile make the stuffing: put the courgette, red pepper and leeks in a separate baking dish and spray with low calorie cooking spray. Season and bake for about 20-25 minutes until tender and starting to brown at the edges.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, parsley and grated Pecorino together.
- Arrange the roasted vegetables in the squash halves, scatter with the breadcrumb mix and bake for a further 10 minutes or until golden.
Tip: Serve with a large garden salad, steak or lean meat of your choice.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.