These colourful 'vegetable boats' make a great starter on their own, a tasty light lunch served with salad, or a main meal alongside grilled meat or fish.
- 2 medium-sized butternut squash
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- A pinch of dried red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 courgette, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1cm pieces
- 4 baby leeks thickly sliced
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- Breadcrumbs from 1 slice wholemeal bread (from 400g loaf)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 level tbsp grated Pecorino cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6.
- Cut the squash in half, scoop out the seeds then cut criss-cross patterns into the flesh of each one.
- Mix together the garlic, lemon juice, chilli flakes and thyme and brush this mixture over the flesh.
- Place the squash in a baking dish, cut side up, and bake in the oven for about 30-40 minutes or until the flesh is tender.
- Meanwhile make the stuffing: put the courgette, red pepper and leeks in a separate baking dish and spray with low calorie cooking spray. Season and bake for about 20-25 minutes until tender and starting to brown at the edges.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, parsley and grated Pecorino together.
- Arrange the roasted vegetables in the squash halves, scatter with the breadcrumb mix and bake for a further 10 minutes or until golden.
Tip: Serve with a large garden salad, steak or lean meat of your choice.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5!
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.