Wok your magic with this vibrant stir-fry that tastes as good as it looks. It's packed full of hot and sweet flavours - and it saves oodles of Syns on eating out and shop-bought versions.
- 6 tbsp light malt vinegar
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp sweetener
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 2cm piece root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
for the stir fry
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 350g pack Quorn pieces
- 2 red onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled, halved lengthways and sliced diagonally
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 100g baby sweetcorn, sliced diagonally
- 100g broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 courgettes, sliced diagonally
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 300g dried egg noodles (or rice noodles if you prefer)
- To make the sauce, stir the vinegar, soy sauce, salt and sweetener together in a saucepan with 1 tablespoon of water and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Mix the garlic, ginger and red chilli together in a small bowl and stir in the cooled sauce. Set aside.
- Spray a wok or a heavy frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and fry the Quorn pieces for 2-3 minutes until brown, then remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Lightly re-spray the pan with low calorie cooking spray and add the onion, carrots, red pepper, baby sweetcorn and broccoli. Stir fry for 5 minutes or until cooked.
- Add the courgettes and mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes. Stir in the cooked Quorn and the sauce and heat through.
- Meanwhile cook the noodles according to the packet instructions and drain well. Serve the stir-fry on a bed of noodles.
Tip: This dish also works well served with rice or as a jacket potato filling.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5!
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.