This is the easiest way to make a risotto – ever! The nutty, slightly spicy flavour of sweet potato makes it the perfect partner to the creamy rice in this simple slow-cooker dish.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g dried risotto rice
- 200g sweet potato flesh, cut into 1cm dice
- 1.2 litres hot vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150g green beans, trimmed and halved
- 125g frozen peas
- Place the onion, garlic, rice, sweet potato and stock in the slow cooker.
- Season, cover with the lid and cook on low for 2 hours.
- Uncover, stir in the green beans and peas.
- Cover and cook for another 30 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through and the rice is tender. Serve straight away.
Tip: For extra Italian flavour, stir in 1 level tbsp grated fresh Parmesan (1 Syn).