This is the easiest way to make a risotto – ever! The nutty, slightly spicy flavour of sweet potato makes it the perfect partner to the creamy rice in this simple slow-cooker dish.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g dried risotto rice
- 200g sweet potato flesh, cut into 1cm dice
- 1.2 litres hot vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150g green beans, trimmed and halved
- 125g frozen peas
- Place the onion, garlic, rice, sweet potato and stock in the slow cooker.
- Season, cover with the lid and cook on low for 2 hours.
- Uncover, stir in the green beans and peas.
- Cover and cook for another 30 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through and the rice is tender. Serve straight away.
Tip: For extra Italian flavour, stir in 1 level tbsp grated fresh Parmesan (1 Syn).
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.