These tasty bites are great as a snack, starter and even a main served with spiced wedges and a salad.
- 2 spring onions
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 340g can sweetcorn kernals, drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Small handful of finely chopped fresh chives
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Put the spring onions, chilli, eggs and three-quarters of the sweetcorn in a food processor and blitz until combined. Season well and transfer to a large bowl, the add the chives and remaining sweetcorn and mix to combine.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, drop in heaped tablespoons of the mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until lightly golden and cooked through. Drain on kitchen paper and repeat until you have used up all of the mixture.
- Enjoy straight away with lime wedges or cool and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. Eat cold or thoroughly reheated.