This mildly hot veggie chilli is mouth-watering. Our amazing chilli cream is the ideal accompaniment and will get everyone talking!
- 3 large red chillies
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 orange pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- 500g Quorn mince
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with chilli and garlic
- 500g passata with herbs
- 400g can kidney beans, drained
- 6 tbsp fat free natural fromage frais
- Deseed and finely chop two of the red chillies. Spray a large, deep
saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and add the chopped chillies,
onion, garlic and peppers. Fry over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle over the cumin, cinnamon and paprika and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring well.
- Stir in the Quorn mince, tomatoes, passata, kidney beans and 300ml
of cold water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, use long-handled tongs to cook the remaining chilli directly over an open flame, carefully turning until charred. Place the chilli into a plastic food bag, seal and leave to steam for 10 minutes. Remove the chilli’s blackened skin and seeds. Using the blade of a knife, mash the chilli flesh and stir into the fromage frais.
Tip: Serve the chilli with the chilli cream and boiled rice.
If you don’t have a gas hob or you don’t want to cook the chillies over an open flame, you can roast them in an oven preheated to 200°C/ 180°C Fan/Gas 6 for 10 minutes then steam in a bag as above.
This recipe is suitable for freezing.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.