Delicious chunks of chicken with crunchy bamboo shoots in a fragrant Thai-inspired curry sauce.
- low calorie cooking spray
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- 300ml boiling chicken stock
- 700g skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 225g can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 15g fresh coriander, chopped
- 100g fat free natural Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp light soy sauce
for the curry paste
- 4 shallots, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 3 lemongrass stalks, outer leaves discarded, roughly chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 30g root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 red or green chillies, deseeded and roughly chopped
- grated zest of 2 limes, plus wedges to serve
- 30g fresh coriander
- First put the ingredients for the curry paste in a blender or food processor and blitz until fairly smooth, adding a little water if necessary. Set aside.
- Spray a large deep non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onions and stir-fry for 5 minutes, adding a little water if they start to stick. Turn the heat to medium-high, add the curry paste and stir-fry for 1 minute, then add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Stir in the chicken and bamboo shoots, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Take the pan off the heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the coriander, yogurt and soy sauce to taste. Serve hot with lime wedges, rice and your favourite vegetables. Enjoy!
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.