Delicious chunks of chicken with crunchy bamboo shoots in a fragrant Thai-inspired curry sauce.
- low calorie cooking spray
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- 300ml boiling chicken stock
- 700g skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 225g can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 15g fresh coriander, chopped
- 100g fat free natural Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp light soy sauce
for the curry paste
- 4 shallots, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 3 lemongrass stalks, outer leaves discarded, roughly chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 30g root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 red or green chillies, deseeded and roughly chopped
- grated zest of 2 limes, plus wedges to serve
- 30g fresh coriander
- First put the ingredients for the curry paste in a blender or food processor and blitz until fairly smooth, adding a little water if necessary. Set aside.
- Spray a large deep non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onions and stir-fry for 5 minutes, adding a little water if they start to stick. Turn the heat to medium-high, add the curry paste and stir-fry for 1 minute, then add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Stir in the chicken and bamboo shoots, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Take the pan off the heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the coriander, yogurt and soy sauce to taste. Serve hot with lime wedges, rice and your favourite vegetables. Enjoy!
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group