Tasty cakes served with a zingy carrot, cucumber and onion salad.
- 4 large, skinless and boneless chicken breasts, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp grated root ginger
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 25g pack fresh coriander (leaves and stems), chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh lemongrass
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- Low-calorie cooking spray
For the salad
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 large carrot
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7.
- Place the chicken, garlic, ginger, spring onions, coriander, mint, lemongrass, lime zest and juice and red chilli in a food processor and season lightly. Blitz until the chicken is finely ground and everything is well mixed. Divide the mixture into 12 portions and, using your hands, shape into small cakes.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray, and fry the cakes over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, turning once. Transfer to a non-stick baking sheet and cook in the oven for 6-8 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the salad: use a vegetable peeler or mandolin to slice the cucumber and carrots into thin ribbons, and place in a bowl with the sliced red onion and the lemon juice. Season lightly and set aside.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and serve immediately with the cucumber salad.
Tip: Swap the chicken breasts for 500g turkey mince (5% fat or less) if you prefer.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5!
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.