This home-made curry paste is a taste sensation and it really gives vegetables the VIP treatment.
- 200g baby sweetcorn
- 1 aubergine, cubed
- 2 courgettes, cubed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to garnish
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced, to garnish
For the yellow curry paste
- 1-2 green chillies, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 shallots, roughly chopped
- 2cm piece of root ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce/tamari
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp sweetener
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, stems discarded
- 100ml reduced fat coconut milk
- 200ml boiling vegetable stock
- 1 lemon grass stalk, outer leaves removed, roughly chopped
- First put all the curry paste ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer to a saucepan over a medium heat and gently bring to the boil.
- Add the sweetcorn, aubergine, courgettes and red pepper to the curry paste and bring back to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-12 minutes, stirring frequently until the vegetables are cooked.
- Garnish with the coriander sprigs and sliced chilli and serve hot, with boiled Thai fragrant or jasmine rice.
Tip: You can leave out the coconut milk to make this curry Free on all choices. Add an extra 100ml of stock instead.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.