This home-made curry paste is a taste sensation and it really gives vegetables the VIP treatment.
- 200g baby sweetcorn
- 1 aubergine, cubed
- 2 courgettes, cubed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to garnish
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced, to garnish
For the yellow curry paste
- 1-2 green chillies, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 shallots, roughly chopped
- 2cm piece of root ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce/tamari
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp sweetener
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, stems discarded
- 100ml reduced fat coconut milk
- 200ml boiling vegetable stock
- 1 lemon grass stalk, outer leaves removed, roughly chopped
- First put all the curry paste ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer to a saucepan over a medium heat and gently bring to the boil.
- Add the sweetcorn, aubergine, courgettes and red pepper to the curry paste and bring back to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-12 minutes, stirring frequently until the vegetables are cooked.
- Garnish with the coriander sprigs and sliced chilli and serve hot, with boiled Thai fragrant or jasmine rice.
Tip: You can leave out the coconut milk to make this curry Free on all choices. Add an extra 100ml of stock instead.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 3rd November and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our One for all cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.