This creamy pasta dish is traditionally high in Syns - our tasty version is delicious and fits right in with your weight loss plan.
- 300g dried rigatoni pasta
- 150g savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- 175g smoked back bacon, trimmed of all visible fat, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 100g closed cup mushrooms thinly sliced
- 200g frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 medium tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 3 egg yolks
- 100g quark
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heaps of salad of your choice to serve
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add pasta and boil for 9 minutes. Add the cabbage for the final 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a non stick frying pan for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic, chilli and mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes. Add the peas and tomatoes and cook for 1 minute to heat through.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks and quark together with some seasoning.
- Ladle some of the pasta cooking water into a cup, reserve and drain the pasta and cabbage. Place them back in the saucepan. Add the bacon and vegetable mixture and stir through. Remove from the heat and stir in the egg and quark mixture, adding 2-3 tablespoons of the reserve cooking water to loosen the sauce a little. Serve immediately with the sweet and crunchy salad.
Tip: Don't be afraid of using the green chilli in this recipe, it's very mild and brings out the flavour of all the ingredients with no added heat. Even children won't notice it's there.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.