Layers of melt-in-the-mouth beef and sweet, sticky onions...yours to enjoy and Syn free!
- 3 onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 350g beef steaks, all visible fat removed
- 4 slices wholemeal bread (from a small 400g loaf)
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 50g fat-free natural fromage frais
- Rocket leaves to serve
- Heat a frying pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray and stir-fry the onions for 3-4 minutes. Reduce the heat, cover and cook for a further 15 minutes, until browned. Stir in the vinegar and remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick griddle pan over a high heat, season the steaks and cook for 2 minutes on each side (for well-done steaks, cook for a further 2 minutes on each side). Remove from the pan, cover with foil and set aside to rest.
- Toast the bread. Mix together the mustard powder and 4 tsp water, then stir in the fromage frais. Spread onto two of the slices of toast and top with a few rocket leaves.
- Slice the steak, place over the rocket and top with the onions and remaining toast.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.