If you love the tomato & basil soup from Slimming World’s food range, you can make it at home yourself – it’s a soup-er lunchtime staple!
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1.2 litres boiling vegetable stock
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2½ tbsp tomato purée
- 10g fresh basil
- 100g passata
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sieve the chopped tomatoes into a large pan, reserving the chopped tomato pieces left in the sieve for later.
- Add the onion to the tomato juices in the pan, along with the carrot, garlic, stock, paprika and tomato purée.
- Bring to the boil over a high heat then turn the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are very soft.
- Add the basil then pour the soup into a food processor or liquidiser and whizz until smooth.
- Tip the soup back into the pan, add the reserved tomato pieces and passata and bring to a simmer. Season to taste and serve.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.