This recipe video will help you whip up easy and cost-effective tuna and sweetcorn fritters.
- 1 x small can sweetcorn kernels, drained
- 1 x small can tuna in spring water, drained
- 3 medium potatoes, unpeeled and whole
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp each of finely chopped chives, coriander and parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Low calorie cooking spray
for the salsa
- 4 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ cucumber, finely diced
- ½ red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 3 tbsp chopped mint
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4.
- Boil the potatoes for 15 minutes drain and allow to cool and then roughly chop or grate them into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sweetcorn, tuna, herbs and eggs and season well.
- Combine the ingredients and divide into 12 portions and shape into a flat patty and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Spray with low calorie cooking spray and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden.
- While the fritters are cooking make the salsa by combining all the ingredients together in a bowl, season well and chill until required. Serve the fritters with the salsa.
- Serve with a large green salad
Video: Tuna and sweetcorn fritters with salsa
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5!
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.