In this inventive recipe your leftover turkey can fly south to become a spicy and very satisfying North African-style soup!
- low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp harissa powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 200g dried red lentils
- 1.5 litres boiling chicken stock
- 400g leftover skinless cooked turkey, chopped into small chunks
- 200g can chopped tomatoes
- juice of ½ lemon
- 100-150g baby leaf spinach (optional)
- 2 tbsp finely shredded fresh mint
- Spray a large non-stick saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a low heat. Add the onion, carrot, garlic and some seasoning then cover and cook for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Uncover and stir in the harissa powder, cumin and paprika. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant then stir in the tomato purée. Add the lentils and stock and bring to a simmer, then cover and cook gently for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and stir in the turkey, tomatoes, lemon juice and spinach, if using. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the turkey has heated through and the spinach has wilted, if using. Check the seasoning and scatter over the mint to serve.
Tip: This is lovely served with a spoonful of fat-free natural Greek yogurt.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.