A deliciously Free® and satisfying blend of beans and vegetables in a tasty tomato sauce with a pinch of paprika.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 large onions, 1 sliced and 1 roughly chopped
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 small yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 120g closed-cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can mixed beans or pulses in water, drained
- ½ tbsp paprika
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 1½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the sliced onion, peppers, celery, carrots and mushrooms and fry for 15 minutes, adding a little water if anything starts to stick.
- Meanwhile, put the potatoes, sweet potatoes and roughly chopped onion in a large roasting tin, spray with low calorie cooking spray and season to taste. Toss well and roast for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked, turning halfway.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the frying pan and pour in 400ml boiling water.
- Bring to the boil over a high heat then turn the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened, stirring occasionally. Season to taste and top with the roasted veg to serve.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group