Slicing into a softly poached egg is such a satisfying moment, and the creamy yolk adds a lovely richness to the sauce.
- 100g dried pappardelle pasta
- 50g frozen peas
- 230g mixed vegetables pack (eg carrots, mangetout, green beans and baby sweetcorn)
- low calorie cooking spray
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tbsp vegetable stock
- ½ tsp all-purpose seasoning
- 2 tbsp quark
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, adding the peas and hard vegetables from the pack such as carrots 4 minutes before the end of cooking time. Add the remaining vegetables from the pack 2 minutes before the end of the cooking time. Drain, reserving a few tablespoons of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, spray a non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes or until beginning to soften. Add the garlic, stock and all-purpose seasoning and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, toss with the quark and pasta, season to taste and keep warm.
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil and stir briskly with a whisk. Break in the egg, remove from the heat and cover for 4 minutes. Drain the egg and place on top of the pasta, then grind over a little black pepper to serve.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.