Slicing into a softly poached egg is such a satisfying moment, and the creamy yolk adds a lovely richness to the sauce.
- 100g dried pappardelle pasta
- 50g frozen peas
- 230g mixed vegetables pack (eg carrots, mangetout, green beans and baby sweetcorn)
- low calorie cooking spray
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tbsp vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp all-purpose seasoning
- 2 tbsp quark
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, adding the peas and hard vegetables from the pack such as carrots 4 minutes before the end of cooking time. Add the remaining vegetables from the pack 2 minutes before the end of the cooking time. Drain, reserving a few tablespoons of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, spray a non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes or until beginning to soften. Add the garlic, stock and all-purpose seasoning and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, toss with the quark and pasta, season to taste and keep warm.
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil and stir briskly with a whisk. Break in the egg, remove from the heat and cover for 4 minutes. Drain the egg and place on top of the pasta, then grind over a little black pepper to serve.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group