Griddling gives Mediterranean vegetables such as aubergines, courgettes and peppers a sensational smokiness. This beautiful platter is the perfect starter to share.
- 6 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g baby courgettes, sliced thinly lengthways
- 2 aubergines, sliced thinly
- 2 red peppers, halved, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 yellow peppers, halved, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- Large bag of rocket leaves
- Put the balsamic vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano and chilli flakes in a large bowl, season to taste and mix together. Add the courgettes, aubergines and peppers and toss to coat well.
- Heat a non-stick griddle pan over a high heat.
- Remove the vegetables from the balsamic marinade (reserving the marinade) and griddle, in batches, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until tender and nicely coloured.
- Arrange the rocket leaves on a large serving platter, top with the grilled vegetables and drizzle over the reserved marinade.
- These vegetables are delicious served warm or cold.
Tip: Make your Italian platter even more tempting by adding other nibbles such as light mozzarella cheese (3 Syns per 35g) or Parma ham (½ Syn per slice).
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.