Griddling gives Mediterranean vegetables such as aubergines, courgettes and peppers a sensational smokiness. This beautiful platter is the perfect starter to share.
- 6 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g baby courgettes, sliced thinly lengthways
- 2 aubergines, sliced thinly
- 2 red peppers, halved, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 yellow peppers, halved, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- Large bag of rocket leaves
- Put the balsamic vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano and chilli flakes in a large bowl, season to taste and mix together. Add the courgettes, aubergines and peppers and toss to coat well.
- Heat a non-stick griddle pan over a high heat.
- Remove the vegetables from the balsamic marinade (reserving the marinade) and griddle, in batches, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until tender and nicely coloured.
- Arrange the rocket leaves on a large serving platter, top with the grilled vegetables and drizzle over the reserved marinade.
- These vegetables are delicious served warm or cold.
Tip: Make your Italian platter even more tempting by adding other nibbles such as light mozzarella cheese (3 Syns per 35g) or Parma ham (½ Syn per slice).