A tasty veggie and lentil dhal serves two as a main or four as a side dish.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 10g fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp ground cumin
- ½ tbsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ x 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 125g dried red lentils
- 1 vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- 100g butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and grated
- 1-2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Put all the ingredients apart from the coriander in a large saucepan over a high heat. Add 500ml boiling water and bring to a simmer.
- Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook gently for 20-25 minutes or until the lentils are cooked.
- Stir through the coriander, season lightly and serve hot.
Tip: You’ll find this dish available as part of the Slimming World food range in Iceland stores.