A lentil dhal bursting with hearty vegetables and fragrant Indian spices.
- 1 large bottled roasted red pepper in brine, drained
- 20g fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled
- low calorie cooking spray
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp garam masala
- ½ tbsp paprika
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2½ tbsp tomato purée
- 200g carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 300g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 400g can brown or green lentils, drained
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 120g baby leaf spinach
- ½ small pack fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 120g fat free natural Greek yogurt, to serve
- Put the roasted red pepper, ginger and garlic in a small food processor with 100ml water and whizz until puréed.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onions and fry for 5 minutes, adding a little water if they start to stick. Add the pepper purée, spices, tomato purée, carrots and 650ml boiling water and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, lentils and tomatoes plus 2 tbsp water if needed and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Stir through the spinach and fresh coriander and cook for 5 minutes or until the spinach has wilted.
- Remove from the heat, season to taste and serve with the yogurt. Enjoy!
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.