A lentil dhal bursting with hearty vegetables and fragrant Indian spices.
- 1 large bottled roasted red pepper in brine, drained
- 20g fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled
- low calorie cooking spray
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp garam masala
- ½ tbsp paprika
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2½ tbsp tomato purée
- 200g carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 300g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 400g can brown or green lentils, drained
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 120g baby leaf spinach
- ½ small pack fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 120g fat free natural Greek yogurt, to serve
- Put the roasted red pepper, ginger and garlic in a small food processor with 100ml water and whizz until puréed.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onions and fry for 5 minutes, adding a little water if they start to stick. Add the pepper purée, spices, tomato purée, carrots and 650ml boiling water and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, lentils and tomatoes plus 2 tbsp water if needed and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Stir through the spinach and fresh coriander and cook for 5 minutes or until the spinach has wilted.
- Remove from the heat, season to taste and serve with the yogurt. Enjoy!