Roasted veg gives this luscious lasagne extra bite.
- 1 aubergine, cut into 2.5cm chunks
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 700g jar passata with onions and garlic
- 150ml veg stock
- 3 courgettes, sliced
- 2 x 400g can green lentils, rinsed and drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 dried lasagne sheets
- 400g Total 0% Fat free Greek yogurt
- A large pinch of grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 50g parmesan, or vegetarian alternative, finely grated
- Mixed salad leaves dressed with lemon juice, to serve
- Prepare the veg: Put the aubergine, onions and peppers in a grill pan, sprinkle over the garlic and spray with low calorie cooking spray, then grill under a medium-high heat for 10 minutes, turning once.
- Heat the passata and 150ml veg stock in a large pan, add the courgettes and lentils, season and bring to the boil. Stir in the grilled veg.
- Layer the sauce and the lasagne sheets, in the slow cooker, three times, finishing with sauce, add the lid and cook on Low for 5-6 hours.
- Place the yogurt, nutmeg, cinnamon, cumin and eggs in a bowl, season, whisk and set aside. When the lasagne has finished cooking for 5-6 hours, pour the egg mixture over the lasagne, sprinkle with the cheese and add the lid. Cook on Low for 45-60 minutes.