Veggie kebabs with ricotta pesto are a delicious alternative to the traditional kebab.
- 24 baby new potatoes
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 green peppers, deseeded and cut into bite-size chunks
- 24 chestnut mushrooms
- 8 bay leaves
- low-calorie cooking spray
For the ricotta pesto
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 small packs fresh basil, a few small leaves reserved to garnish
- juice of 2 limes
- 120g ricotta cheese
- Light the barbecue for direct medium heat.
- Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water over a high heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain well and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- While the potatoes are boiling, make the pesto. Put the garlic, basil, lime juice, ricotta and 2 tbsp water in a food processor. Season to taste, blend well and spoon into a bowl.
- Tread the potatoes, peppers, mushrooms and bay leaves on to 8 skewers, spray all over with low-calorie cooking spray and barbecue over direct medium heat for 10-12 minutes, turning once. (Or cook under a high grill.)
- Arrange the skewers attractively on a board, garnish with a few basil leaves and drizzle over the pesto to serve.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group