Veggie kebabs with ricotta pesto are a delicious alternative to the traditional kebab.
- 24 baby new potatoes
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 green peppers, deseeded and cut into bite-size chunks
- 24 chestnut mushrooms
- 8 bay leaves
- Frylight BBQ and Grill
For the ricotta pesto
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 small packs fresh basil, a few small leaves reserved to garnish
- juice of 2 limes
- 120g ricotta cheese
- Light the barbecue for direct medium heat.
- Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water over a high heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain well and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- While the potatoes are boiling, make the pesto. Put the garlic, basil, lime juice, ricotta and 2 tbsp water in a food processor. Season to taste, blend well and spoon into a bowl.
- Tread the potatoes, peppers, mushrooms and bay leaves on to 8 skewers, spray all over with Frylight BBQ and Grill and barbecue over direct medium heat for 10-12 minutes, turning once. (Or cook under a high grill.)
- Arrange the skewers attractively on a board, garnish with a few basil leaves and drizzle over the pesto to serve.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.