These flavour-packed veggie pasty bites are a distant relative of the Cornish pasty, and because they're made with Quorn mince they make a brilliant meat-free dish to pack in a picnic.
- 1 small potato
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 garlic clove
- Handful of sweetcorn
- Handful of peas
- 175g Quorn mince
- 1 vegetable of stock cube
- 2 Jus rol filo sheets
- Peel and grate the potato, onion, garlic and carrot into a bowl. Microwave on full power for 2 minutes to soften. Mix in the mince, sweetcorn and peas and season well. Add the herbs and stock powder and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6 and line a baking tray with baking paper. Divide a sheet of filo pastry into 3 strips and then cut in half to make 6. Lay out a strip and put 1 rounded tbsp filling in the middle of one end. Pick up the corner next to the filling and fold it diagonally over the filling to make a triangle, flattening the filling slightly. Continue folding in triangles until you come to the end of the strip. Trim off any excess pastry.
- Repeat with the remaining pastry until you have 12 triangles.
- Place the filo triangles on the baking tray, brush with beaten egg or spray with low-calorie cooking spray and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
Tip: If you have any pastry left, pop it in the freezer for next time.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.