Turn bacon and eggs into a mega salad with new potatoes and radishes.
- 400g baby salad potatoes, such as Jersey Royals, halved
- 6 medium eggs
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 12 rashers bacon, all visible fat removed, roughly chopped
- 200g button mushrooms, halved
- 2 little gem lettuces, leaves separated and torn into pieces
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and thickly sliced
- 10 radishes, trimmed and sliced
- 3 tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- A small handful of chopped chives to garnish
- 5 tbsp fat-free vinaigrette
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Boil the potatoes for 10-12 minutes, or until tender, then drain.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, then boil the eggs for 8 minutes (6-7 minutes if you prefer them runny). Drain, and when cool, peel and halve.
- Place a large frying pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray over a medium heat. Add the bacon and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add the mushrooms, turn the heat to high and stir-fry for a further 5-6 minutes.
- Put the lettuce in a wide bowl. Add the spring onions, radishes, tomatoes, cucumber, potatoes, and chives, drizzle over the dressing, season with pepper and toss well. Transfer to 4 bowls and scatter over the bacon and mushrooms. Arrange the halved eggs and whole chives on top and serve.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.