This delicious twist on the traditional trifle is sure to impress your guests - and it's only 5 Syns per serving!
- 175g kumquats, washed and thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp sweetener
- 2 tbsp whisky
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large oranges
- 6 sponge fingers, broken into bite-sized pieces
- 350g fat free natural fromage frais
- 25g plain chocolate
- Place the kumquats in a small saucepan with 4 tablespoons of water and 1 tablespoon of sweetener. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 6-7 minutes until tender. Transfer to a small bowl, stir in the whisky and cinnamon and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the oranges. Using a vegetable peeler, pare off a few strips of rind from one orange, slice into thin strips and place in a small bowl of water. Chill and reserve for decoration.
- Grate the peel from the other orange until you have ½ teaspoon of rind and reserve this. Using a small sharp knife, slice the rind off both oranges, removing as much of the white pith as possible. Over a bowl, cut in between each segment and remove the portions of orange flesh and place in a bowl.
- Place the sponge finger pieces in the base of a glass serving bowl. Top with the orange segments and any juices. Cover and chill until required.
- Mix the fromage frais with the remaining sweetener and the reserved grated orange rind; cover and chill until required.
- To serve, spoon the kumquats and their juices onto the oranges and top with the fromage frais. Grate the plain chocolate over the top and decorate with the drained orange rind strips.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.