Zesty scallop and prosciutto skewers
Impress your ‘plus one’ with plump, delicate scallops wrapped in salty ham – the starter of kings! These posh skewers are cooked in minutes, leaving you with more time to enjoy the occasion.
For the dressing
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 100ml fat free French dressing
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- A small handful of finely chopped fresh basil
For the scallops
- 4 large slices of prosciutto or Parma ham
- 12 fresh scallops, cleaned
- Salad, to serve
- Soak four wooden skewers in cold water for at least 30 minutes (this prevents them burning).
- To make the dressing, place the garlic, fat free dressing, the lemon
zest and juice, chopped rosemary, red chilli and chopped basil in a
blender or food processor and pulse until just smooth. Transfer to a
small bowl and set aside.
- Preheat a ridged griddle to high.
- Cut each slice of ham lengthways into three pieces and wrap each
piece around a scallop. Thread each skewer with three of the
- Place the skewers on the griddle (or under a medium-hot grill) and cook
for 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly charred and cooked through.
- Transfer to individual serving plates, drizzle the dressing over and
serve with a side salad of your choice.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.