Zesty scallop and prosciutto skewers
Impress your ‘plus one’ with plump, delicate scallops wrapped in salty ham – the starter of kings! These posh skewers are cooked in minutes, leaving you with more time to enjoy the occasion.
For the dressing
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 100ml fat free French dressing
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- A small handful of finely chopped fresh basil
For the scallops
- 4 large slices of prosciutto or Parma ham
- 12 fresh scallops, cleaned
- Salad, to serve
- Soak four wooden skewers in cold water for at least 30 minutes (this prevents them burning).
- To make the dressing, place the garlic, fat free dressing, the lemon
zest and juice, chopped rosemary, red chilli and chopped basil in a
blender or food processor and pulse until just smooth. Transfer to a
small bowl and set aside.
- Preheat a ridged griddle to high.
- Cut each slice of ham lengthways into three pieces and wrap each
piece around a scallop. Thread each skewer with three of the
- Place the skewers on the griddle (or under a medium-hot grill) and cook
for 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly charred and cooked through.
- Transfer to individual serving plates, drizzle the dressing over and
serve with a side salad of your choice.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.