Tuck into this healthy version of an all-American classic. In this video recipe lean pork is slow-cooked then shredded or 'pulled' and layered with barbecue sauce.
- 1.5-2kg pork shoulder, all fat removed
- 5 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 500g passata
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp sweetener
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix passata, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, sweetener and seasoning. Transfer to a small pan and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, trim and remove all visible fat from the pork and sear all sides in a hot frying pan. Transfer to a slow cooker coat with the sauce and cook for 8-12 hours on LOW.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and place on a cutting board. Allow the meat to cool for approximately 15 minutes, then shred into bite-sized pieces using two forks.
- Remove the sauce from the pan and set aside to drizzle on the meat later.
Video: Barbecue pulled pork
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 22nd July and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95! AND if you join on a 12-week Countdown course you get two free weeks (12 weeks for the price of 10) plus a free copy of our Slimming World's Sweet Dreams recipe book, saving an extra £14.85. After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group