Tuck into this healthy-version of an all American classic. In this video recipe lean pork is slow-cooked then shredded or 'pulled' and layered with BBQ sauce.
- 1.5-2kg pork shoulder, all fat removed
- 5 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 500g passata
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp sweetener
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix passata, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, sweetener and seasoning. Transfer to a small pan and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, trim and remove all visible fat from the pork and sear all sides in a hot frying pan. Transfer to a slow cooker coat with the sauce and cook for 8-12 hours on LOW.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and place on a cutting board. Allow the meat to cool for approximately 15 minutes, then shred into bite-sized pieces using two forks.
- Remove the sauce from the pan and set aside to drizzle on the meat later.
Tip: On an Extra Easy day serve with a dollop of sauce, steamed green beans and a 60g wholemeal roll (Healthy Extra 'b' choice).
For an Extra Easy SP day fill at least half of your plate with delicious Speed vegetables or Speed salad of your choice.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join between 29th May and 18th June and get half-price membership. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group – saving £5! Plus if you join on a 12-week Countdown course you get two free weeks (12 weeks for the price of 10) plus a free copy of our Slimming World Journal, saving an extra £14.85.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group