Strictly for grown-ups (and too delicious to share!) this decadent ice cream marries black cherries and kirsch in this modern twist on the 70's dessert trolley classic!
- 4 x 175g pots Mullerlight cherry yogurt (or any other Free yogurt)
- 3-4 tbsp artificial sweetener
- 110g drained canned black cherries in juice
- 1 tbsp Kirsch
- 150g fat free natural fromage frais
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Grated chocolate, to garnish (optional)
- Spoon the yogurt into a mixing bowl and stir in sweetener to taste. Transfer the mixture to a large freezerproof container and place in the coldest part of your freezer. Allow to freeze for 1½ hours until the mixture is slushy. Beat well to break up the ice crystals.
- Meanwhile chop the cherries into small pieces, mix in the Kirsch, then cover and chill until required.
- Place the fromage frais in a bowl and add the vanilla essence, cherries and Kirsch and then fold into the ice cream mixture. Return to the freezer. Beat the mixture two or three more times at 30-40 minute intervals - this helps make a smoother, less icy ice cream. Then cover, seal and freeze until solid.
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer around 30 minutes before you want to serve it so it scoops easily. Sprinkle over a little grated chocolate (1½ Syns per level teaspoon), if using, before serving.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group