This farmhouse family favourite has been given a Slimming World make-over and tastes just fab.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 300g chopped kale
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200g passata
- 6 tbsp tomato purée
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1kg potatoes
- 200g fat-free natural fromage frais
- 160g reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Boil the potatoes in a large saucepan of lightly salted water for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Add the fromage frais, mash until smooth and set aside.
- Spray another pan with low calorie cooking spray, add the onion and garlic, fry for 5 minutes. Add the minced beef and cook for a few minutes until the beef is brown.
- Stir in the kale, chopped tomatoes, passata, tomato purée, Worcestershire sauce and herbs. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Spoon the beef mixture into an oven proof dish and spread the mash over the top and sprinkle with cheese. Place into a hot oven for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Serve with lots of vegetables of your choice.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 28th October and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Comfort Collection cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group