Golden chips, fine white fish... and not a Syn in sight!
- 800g potatoes, peeled and cut into chips
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, separated
- 4 thick skinless and boneless cod fillets (fresh or frozen)
- A handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley finely chopped, to garnish
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Low calorie cooking spray
For the salad
- 2 baby gem lettuces, leaves separated
- 4 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 punnett of salad cress, picked
- 1 level tbsp fat-free vinaigrette
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C Fan/Gas 7. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Boil the chips for 4-5 minutes. Drain well, return to the pan and cover. Leave to cool slightly, then shake the pan to rough up their edges. Put the chips on one tray in a single layer. Season, spray with low calorie cooking spray and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
- Put the egg yolks in a shallow bowl and lightly beat. In a separate, clean glass bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks, then fold them into the yolks and herbs. Season the fish, dip each fillet into the egg mixture, then place them on the other baking tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and the egg coating is lightly browned. Garnish with the parsley.
- Serve the fish with the chips and salad on the side and lemon wedges for squeezing over.
Tip: Serve the fish with sweet potato and celeriac chips instead. Simply peel 400g of each and cut into chips, then follow the recipe.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 28th October and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Comfort Collection cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group