Bangers and beans combined with chunks of pumpkin and cooked slowly for an hour. The result – a heartwarming dish the whole family will love.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 8 Quorn low fat sausages, frozen
- 6 large shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 500g pumpkin flesh, cut into large bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained
- 300ml vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4.
- Spray a large casserole dish with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Stir-fry the sausages for 4-5 minutes or until golden-brown all over.
- Add the shallots, garlic, sage and pumpkin and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high and add the white wine vinegar, tomatoes, cannellini beans and stock and season to taste.
- Bring the mixture to the boil then transfer the casserole to the oven and cook for 1 hour, or until the sausages are cooked through and the pumpkin is tender. Serve sprinkled with flat-leaf parsley.
Tip: For a meaty version, swap the Quorn sausages for Slimming World Syn-free pork sausages from Iceland.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 16th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group