A delicious medley of noodles, tender seared chicken, juicy king prawns and vegetables in a spicy oriental style curry sauce.
- 250g dried medium egg noodles
- low calorie cooking spray
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 150g peeled raw king or tiger prawns
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, de-seeded and cut into strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 8 spring onions, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 100g frozen peas
- Half a red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped, plus sliced chilli to serve
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 20g root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 heaped tbsp medium curry powder
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- Cook the noodles according to the pack instructions, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick wok over a high heat. When hot, spray with low calorie cooking spray and add the chicken. Stir-fry for 1 minute then add the prawns and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes. Remove the chicken and prawns from the pan and set aside.
- Spray the wok with more low calorie cooking spray. Add the carrot, peppers, onions, spring onions and peas and stir-fry for 3 minutes, adding the chilli, garlic and ginger for the last minute.
- Add the curry powder and stir-fry for 30 seconds before adding 200ml of water, the stock cube and the soy sauce. Cook for 3 minutes, returning the chicken and prawns to the wok 1 minute before the end.
- When everything is piping hot and the chicken is cooked through, toss through the cooked noodles and serve hot, with sliced chilli on the side.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group