Delicious pieces of chargrilled chicken with peppers and beans in a smoky barbecue style sauce.
- 1 large bottle roasted pepper in brine, drained
- 25g root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 5 large garlic cloves
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 small yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried chipotle chilli flakes or dried chilli flakes
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce/tamari
- 1/2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 700g skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 400g mixed beans or pulses in water, drained
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the roasted red pepper, ginger, garlic and 50ml water in a small food processor and whizz until pureed.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion and peppers and fry for 5 minutes, adding a little water if it starts to stick.
- Add the roasted pepper puree along with the paprika, chilli flakes, soy sauce, vinegar, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, stock cube and 300ml boiling water.
- Add the chicken and beans or pulses and simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the heat, season to taste and serve hot with rice and your favourite vegetables.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 28th October and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Comfort Collection cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group