This creamy pasta dish is traditionally high in Syns - our tasty version swaps cream for fat free fromage frais without swapping any of the flavour! It's still slurpingly delicious and almost Free!
- 6 lean rashers of bacon, all visible fat removed (or Quorn bacon-style pieces - see tip)
- 4 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp fat free natural fromage frais
- 2 level tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Small handful of fresh chives
- 400g dried spaghetti
- Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions. Drain well and return to the saucepan.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the bacon and dry-fry for 2-3 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Lightly beat the eggs, season to taste and stir in the fromage frais, 1 tablespoon of Parmesan and most of the chives.
- Add the bacon to the drained spaghetti and mix well over a low heat, then remove from the heat and stir in the egg mixture. Toss thoroughly so that the eggs thicken in the residual heat, making a sauce that coats the pasta.
- Scatter over the remaining Parmesan and chives and serve hot.
Tip: To make a vegetarian carbonara, swap the bacon for Quorn bacon-style pieces (which are Free), this makes the recipe just 1 Syn on all choices.
This recipe is not suitable for home freezing.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group