Enjoy the flavours of sweet and sour chicken without the sticky heaviness of the restaurant version - it's just as quick as a takeaway too.
- 6 skinless chicken breast fillets, very thinly sliced
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce/tamari
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce/tamari
- 2 tbsp sweetener
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp Chinese 5-spice powder
- 100ml passata
- Spring onion slivers and lime wedges, to garnish
- Place the chicken in a shallow ceramic dish. Sprinkle over the spring onions and garlic, season well and pour over the light soy sauce. Toss to mix well, cover and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the chicken mixture and cook for 5-6 minutes and then add the dark soy sauce, sweetener, vinegar, paprika, 5-spice powder and passata. Stir to mix well and bring the mixture to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and cook gently for 3-4 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Check the seasoning before serving garnished with spring onion sliver and lime wedges to squeeze over.
Tip: This dish would also work brilliantly with pork. If you're enjoying an Extra Easy SP day, serve with at least half a plate of delicious veggies, or cauliflower rice.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 28th October and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Comfort Collection cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group