Don't miss this tasty recipe video to see how quick and easy it is to make delicious, healthy Slimming World chips. In just 45 minutes you could be enjoying Syn free, low calorie, low fat chips!
- 900g medium sized Maris Piper potatoes
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Crushed sea salt and malt vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C Fan/Gas 9. Peel the potatoes using a potato peeler and remove any blemishes or 'eyes'. Slice lengthwise into approx 1cm thick rectangular chips.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the chips and cook for 4 minutes. Drain and leave aside for 10 minutes to dry.
- Return the chips to the dry saucepan, cover with a lid and shake to ''''rough up'''' the edges of the chips - this roughness is important to the texture of the chips.
- Spray a metal baking tray with low calorie cooking spray. Transfer the chips to the tray, spray lightly with low calorie cooking spray and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown on all sides. Drain them on absorbent kitchen paper and serve with salt and vinegar.
Tip: For extra flavour sprinkle your chips with garlic salt, herbs and spices
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join before 21st January and get free membership and two free weeks when you buy a 12 week Countdown - saving £19.90!
Or pay weekly and get half-price membership - just £5 to join and £4.95 a week. That's £9.95 to pay at your first group - saving £5!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group