Who says you need bread to enjoy the burger experience? This clever recipe has everything but the roll: juicy beef mince, a stunningly tasty sauce and plenty of fresh salad vegetables too.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ iceberg lettuce, roughly shredded
- 8 gherkins, sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
for the SW super sauce
- 3 level tbsp extra-light mayonnaise
- 5 tbsp fat free fromage frais
- 1 level tbsp American-style mustard
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp onion granules
- ¼ tsp sweet smoked paprika
- Spray a large, heavy-based non-stick frying pan with Frylight and place over a high heat. Add the beef, onion and garlic and stir-fry for 6-7 minutes or until the beef is cooked through and the onions have softened. Season well.
- Meanwhile, put all the SW super sauce ingredients in a bowl with 4 tablespoons of water and whisk until well combined.
- Mix together the lettuce, gherkins, onions and tomatoes and divide between four wide bowls. Spoon the beef mixture on top, drizzle over the SW super sauce and serve hot.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 25th February and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group - a fabulous saving of £5!
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Free & Easy cookbook, saving an extra £14.85! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group