Give your Sunday roast a healthy and delicious makeover with this chicken dinner.
- Potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- Carrots, peeled and cut into batons
- Tenderstem broccoli florets
- Frozen peas
- 4 level tsp gravy granules
For the stuffing balls
- Small handful of finely chopped fresh herbs, such as sage or parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- Finely grated zest of ½ unwaxed lemon
- 300g lean pork mince (5% fat or less)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6.
- Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes, then drain and return to the pan, shaking it to roughen up the edges. Put the potatoes in a roasting tin, spray with low calorie cooking spray and toss to coat well. Roast for 40 minutes or until brown and crispy.
- While the potatoes are boiling, make the stuffing balls by putting the herbs, egg, lemon zest and pork in a bowl. Season to taste, mix with your fingers to combine and divide into eight equal portions. Shape each one into a ball, spread them out in a roasting tin and roast for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle the mixed herbs over the chicken, spray with low calorie cooking spray and roast with the stuffing balls for the last 25 minutes of cooking.
- Cook all the vegetables in boiling water for 6-8 minutes or until tender, or steam for even fresher tasting veg.
- Make up the gravy according to the packet instructions.
- Slice the chicken breasts thickly and put on to plates with the stuffing balls and vegetables. Pour over the gravy and serve hot.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group