Diet cola chicken
Diet cola chicken is one of Slimming World’s most popular and versatile dishes. Don’t miss this tasty recipe video to see how quick and easy it is...
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 1 red pepper, 1 yellow and 1 green pepper, chopped into chunks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 330ml can diet cola
- 200ml chicken stock
- 8 tbsp passata with onions and garlic
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce/tamari
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 200g sugar snap peas
Spray a large pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat.
Add the chicken, peppers and onion and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Add the diet cola, stock, passata, tomato purée, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and dried mixed herbs and stir well.
Bring to the boil, cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
Add the sugar snap peas, stir and increase the heat to medium-high.
Cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the veg is tender.